hearing impairment |
More and more people require a hearing aid. It is a great change and challenge in daily life. In order to handle the practical side, as well as the emotional and perception, it is beneficial to seek professional help for the person concerned as well as relatives and work colleagues.
With counselling and use of various exercises I support people with hearing impairment, and their relatives & colleagues, to optimise handling of every day situations. Together we shall explore your personal resources, individual strategies and coping mechanisms. I myself have been hard of hearing since birth. I am however fully engaged in the professional world. I know the solutions to insecurities, the questions and the challenges that hearing impairment can put upon one. Artistic means may be used.
- Adjusting ones self to hearing aids and maximizing one’s position in everyday life.
- Improving one’s self-esteem and self-confidence, to enhance communication & overcome doubts and fears
- How to let others know your needs.
- Encouraging awareness of one’s handicap.
- Utilising your body as a tool to state your presence.
- Relaxation Techniques, being easy on oneself, to achieve better results.